Next Loving Yourself Lean group begins January 21, 2014! BONUS PRIVATE SESSIONS if you are interested in beginning NOW!
I was to be in sunny Florida, spending time with clients, friends and family. My body, however, had a different plan for us! So, instead, I’m quietly nursing ‘something’ that has me ‘down for the count.’
I rarely get ‘sick,’ so it surprised me when symptoms began showing up. And, quite frankly, some of those symptoms began showing up before I really paid close attention to them!
Has that ever happened to you?
So, looking back, I saw how I had been over-extending myself, not doing my morning practices that keep me healthy and clear, and then simply not getting enough rest. I have moved twice in the past 5 months, been keeping up with my business, and the past 9 days I spent at CEO Space (a business growth organization, where I am one of their instructors). The days were long, the nights were short, and the Las Vegas air was cold and dry! So many people were coming down with ‘something,’ however I usually am not one of those people!
So instead of spending time in Florida, it looks like I’ll have a low-keyed holiday with myself in California (ok, I recognize it’s not a horrible consolation prize) .
In some ways, I’m enjoying having a ‘time out’ to read, reflect and plan. And sleeping longer hours and taking naps, which is really uncommon for me, shows how much I needed to replenish myself. I gave a little too much, at the cost of not taking better care of me!
So, in hindsight, I now see what I did and I’m pretty sure that won’t happen again for a very long time, if ever!
What about you? Are you running on empty, in need of some time to replenish yourself?
Here is what I suggest you incorporate to make sure you stay healthy not just during the holidays, but always!
1. Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of water and do your best to eat well most of the time. The water really helps to support your body to work easier and process those little something extras you may be indulging yourself with.
2. Find ways to increase your nutrients. With the quality of our food today, it’s easy to be lacking all the nutrients you need. Load up on green drinks or products like Oxylent (this is a product of one of my clients), Shakeology, Isagenix or Zija. I love them all! There are MANY good products out there. (Feel free to contact me for more information).
3. Get outside and enjoy the fresh air. At the very least, go for walks every day. Even five minutes is better than nothing.
4. Take some time outs to read, write, or just sit in the quiet. It’s another wonderful way to replenish.
5. Enjoy your moments! LOVE and honor yourself first, then give to those in your life.
6. Whether you are in the midst of a lot of activity, or like me, having a quiet holiday, ENJOY YOUR MOMENTS! Just take care of yourself! So whether you need to take a time out….or take time to REACH out….
I wish you a MOST SPECIAL, magical and joyous holiday!!